Sunday, March 6, 2011

Woo-Woo! Wow-Wow!

Shawn, Raj, and I spent the day at the High Wheeler Train Show at Harper College in Palatine, IL.  Veer, Heena, and Shrenik joined us to see the 20+ “spectacular operating railroad layouts”, which did not disappoint!  There were model train sets of all sizes, “from the tiniest "Z-scale" up to the popular garden sized "G-scale" - and every one in between.”  There were vendors and hobbyists with everything train related on display.  There were a few sightings of Thomas the Train, but it was much more geared towards the model train enthusiast.  The artistic talent and attention to detail that we saw in the models was incredible.  These were much more than toys, though I do think that many of the people who were involved in these incredible displays would admit to a combination of many hours of hard work with blood, sweat, and tears and a tad-bit of childish delight from “playing” with a hobby they loved. 


As mere spectators, I’m sure we didn’t comprehend all there was to offer at the show, but it was impressive to see the handy-work that was exhibited.  I’ve got next year’s show on the calendar… just in case  Shawn’s still interested in trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment