As we were getting in the car, both kids climbed right in to their car seats! Surprise! Shawn can do it now, too! Just like Abby’s first time by herself, he got in as if he had been doing it easily for months. The give away that it was a new conquest was his immense squeal of delight, gleaming smile from ear to ear, and contagious giggle that followed. Now, for their next goal: buckling themselves in!
At Costco, we found a new dog bed for Baron. However, just like everything else sold there, it was economy sized! Since we had already been filling the cart, there was no room inside for the gigantic cushion, so I balanced it on top of the other groceries. It actually worked very well because when it was positioned just right, Shawn and Abby could lean way back and rest their heads on the super plush, fuzzy bed. They had the softest shopping cart seats of any other kids in the warehouse!
A few aisles later, I was looking for a barrel of mini pretzel squares. (I think they’re called Snaps, but I’m not sure.) When I couldn’t find them, Shawn caught on to my disappointment and echoed, “Bubber, bubber, bubber!” (Bummer, bummer, bummer!) Abby giggled each time she heard us protest. (I think we even got a couple of smiles from other shoppers walking by!) We did find pretzel rods instead, so it wasn’t a total failure. Shawn actually would rather have the big sticks or full sized pretzels anyway, but I still like the size of the mini shapes. I had to distract him from seeing the new barrel in the cart, because he wanted to dive right in!
Naptime brought on more freckle kisses from Shawn. I just wanted to give him a huge hug and not let go.
This evening I hosted my first (and probably only) Tastefully Simple party. Thanks to everyone who came. Abby, Anna, Veer, and Shawn played with Raj and Veer’s Dad (Shrenik) in the basement, while the ladies sampled the goods in the living room and dining room. I will admit that, while hosting these parties isn’t my ‘thing’, I did have fun having everyone over – to socialize if nothing else.
When the house finally emptied and quieted down and I finished cleaning up the dishes and leftovers. It was well past bedtime (for all of us). Shawn had a tough time going to sleep and I had a tough time staying asleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment