Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cumpleaños Felices, Raj!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RAJ!

Shawn made a birthday banner last night, so I snuck that into Raj’s lunch this morning.  I also ordered a birthday bouquet of flowers and balloons to be delivered to his office - hopefully while there are plenty of patients around to witness! 

In Spanish class this morning, the topic was emotions.  We focused on happy/feliz, sad/triste, tired/cansado, and angry/enojado.  We sang If You’re Happy and You Know It / Si Estás Feliz y Lo Sabes, which I’ve listened to countless times on the Language Stars CD that we have in the car.  It’s one of those songs that I know the words and I understand (knowing the English version helps), but I can’t get my mouth to form the correct words fast enough to be able to actually sing along!  Oh, well.  Here are the lyrics:

If You’re Happy and You Know It
If you’re happy and you know it,
you will clap your hands.
If you’re happy and you know it,
then your face will show it,
If you’re happy and you know it,
you will clap your hands.
If you’re sad and you know it, you will cry….
If you’re angry and you know it, you will
stomp your feet….
If you’re tired and you know it, you will
yawn….
Si Estás Feliz y Lo Sabes
Si estás feliz y lo sabes,
aplaudirás.
Si estás feliz y lo sabes,
tu cara lo mostrará,
Si estás feliz y lo sabes,
aplaudirás.
Si estás triste y lo sabes, llorarás...
Si estás enojado y lo sabes, pisarás...

Si estás cansado y lo sabes,
bostezarás...

For our project, we made ‘paper plate face flips.’  We glued happy and sad faces on opposite sides of a paper plate and then attached a popsicle stick handle.  They weren’t really masks, since there aren’t any eye holes, but close enough!

In the evening, Raj and Shawn went to Open Gym at Gymboree while I made a birthday dinner – BBQ brats (in the broiler).  After dinner, Raj opened presents and we had dessert:  a homemade mini chocolate cake with a layer of butterscotch pudding in the middle and topped with homemade icing – YUM!. 
Here is Shawn saying Happy Birthday to Raj when he got home from work:

No comments:

Post a Comment