This morning, both kids took turns sitting on our new potty seat. Neither of them did anything while on there, but it was very exciting!
In the car on the way to Open Gym at Gymboree, Abby counted, “Uno, dos, tres!” Diego would be very impressed, I’ll be sure to let him know tomorrow!
At Open gym, Abby rode a teeter-totter/rocking horse and exclaimed, “Neigh! Neigh! Neigh!...” One of the other moms jokingly asked, “So, she likes horses, eh?” On the other side of the room, Shawn climbed up an A-frame. It had skinny round rungs instead of slots for the steps on each side, so it was a little more tricky than what he normally climbs. Still, he managed to climb up and down “all by my-self!” I think I held my breath a little while he did it, but boy was he proud of himself afterwards! There was a parachute flung over the monkey bars by the A-frame. It generated some major static electricity and Shawn fell victim to it while he played under it.
Shawn and Abby also had fun going down the slides. Shawn made sure to give another friend a chance by saying, “Sundus’s turn!” Later, when she and her mother were getting ready to leave, he said, “Bye-bye, Sundus!” though he was rather quiet, so I don’t think they could hear him.
After Open Gym, we stopped by Dominicks for some groceries. The check-out clerk thought Abby and Shawn were “absolutely adorable!” and gave them “Thank you!” stickers used to mark over-sized purchases. Abby and Shawn were thrilled with their sticky accolades.
Shawn, Baron, and I took a two hour walk after Abby went home. It was just to the park by the train station and back, but stopping to look at every pine cone, branch, and fallen leaf along the route took a very long time. Shawn has gotten very confident climbing the playground equipment to get to the slides. He has no interest in the short slides at all – only the big, bumpy, and spiraling ones for this big boy! It was getting pretty chilly on our walk home and definitely time for dinner. It’s just so hard to leave the park behind, so we walked home via the path by the dog park to help distract Shawn from having to say bye to his slides. The dog park was busy, so there were lots of dogs to see as they ran over each other to greet us at the fence. I felt bad for Baron since we weren’t actually going into the dog park – such a tease, I know. Sorry, buddy. Shawn’s still at eye-level with most of the dogs there and can barely hold his own against Baron (or his tail!) when he gets excited. When he gets a little older, I’ll reinstate our dog park membership and we’ll all go play in there. In the meantime, it's time for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment