Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Garbage Truck is Here!


Shawn smiled and giggled in his sleep this morning.  It was adorable.  I wish I knew what he was thinking about - it must’ve been a good dream!
When Bill dropped Abby off, he told me that Abby woke between 6:00 and 6:30 am.  Since her day started earlier than usual, I woke Shawn right away when she came over.  That way they’d both be ready for naps early today.
With both of them awake early, they were able to watch the recycling truck come around our circle for their weekly pick up.  It just may be the highlight of the week, when we make it to the window in time to catch it!  (And, it's my highlight to watch them get so excited!)  This week I finally remembered to get them on video while the garbage truck came by.  (It's a bit slow and they're initial excitement was spent when they saw the truck turn to the cul de sac across the street.  So, unfortunately, you don't see their jump for joy when they first saw it.  Maybe next time!)

We had a surprise greet us in Spanish class – Xander, from our old Gymboree Music class, was enrolled in our class!  I think his mom was just as surprised to see us.  It sounded like she got a deal for a few classes on Groupon or something, so she hadn’t decided if this would be a long term enrollment or not. 
Diego lead the group in reviewing the names of shapes and colors.  Abby’s vocabulary’s definitely growing.  Today she said, “Gracias!” (thank you) and “morado” (purple).  I love listening to her try to say words like “por favor” that come out a bit jumbled, but her intention is perfectly clear.
The rest of the afternoon was uneventful, but I did hear Abby coughing a bit.  I hope she's not coming down with something.
While Shawn and Raj went off to Open Gym in the evening, I got my hair cut.  Becca trimmed off about two inches, which ordinarily wouldn’t be very noticeable, but when she straightens it, I have a drastic new “do”!  I didn’t do anything with color this time, but I’m think at my next appointment (in May) I’ll do something different for the summer.  Maybe… red?

No comments:

Post a Comment