Swimming lessons started the morning, but nothing very ground-breaking to report. Gradually, Shawn’s getting acclimated to the class. I was getting worried that swimming lessons were going to be more stressful than they were worth to him, but I think we’ll hang in there and see how he does over the next few weeks.
In the afternoon, Shelley joined Shawn and me at the Mothers & More resale at the DuPage County Fairgrounds. Shawn napped on the way there and I carried him in a hip sling to give him a chance to rest a little longer once we arrived. There were rows upon rows of tables overflowing with children’s clothes, toys, and other “gear”. Luckily, I had a couple of large, sturdy bags my mom made from old bird seed sacks because we never would have been able to carry all that we bought otherwise! I had the extra weight of Shawn in the sling, but it was much easier than carrying him by hand or trying to keep an eye on him in the crowd of people and tables. (Holding him probably helped limit how much I ended up buying, too!) In addition to clothes, I found a pair of hardly worn dress shoes (which kids this age really only wear once or maybe twice before they outgrow them, so it was nice to find a pair super cheap!), a potty seat to put on the toilet, and a travel potty to help the potty training process when we’re out and unsure about the nearest bathroom. (Though we’re not ready to start training quite yet, I think Shawn’s ready to at least become familiar with it all.) Afterwards, we tried to stop by two other groups’ resales that were going on at the same time, but by the time we left Mothers & More, everything was shutting down – it was probably a good thing that we couldn’t shop any more, but still, we were a little disappointed to miss more great deals. We’ll have to plan to come earlier for the Fall Resale in September. We grabbed fliers for it so we can put it on our calendars now!
No comments:
Post a Comment