I have to remember to write my blog (or at least jot down notes for it) the day things happen, otherwise my memory gets a bit sketchy… I’ll try to remember that in the future.
Anyway, Friday morning I was finally able to capture a moment on camera that I’ve been trying to get since Abby and Shawn started playing together a long time ago.
(I feel like I should have set this to the music of Chariots of Fire... or maybe Romeo and Juliet!)
Abby, Shawn, and I attended our first Music II class at Gymboree today. Shawn reverted to a lot of people watching and not much actual involvement. The teacher, Miss Elizabeth, said that it’s really common for newcomers to be standoff-ish since it can be an overwhelming class due to the noise level and the size of the class. Meanwhile, Abby warmed up to the new class within minutes. Though both kids were squeezed onto my lap while we sat on the floor during the opening activities, Abby was eagerly up, dancing, and exploring the instruments as if she had been coming for weeks. She especially liked the songs that had choreographed motions - she performed like a star on stage. Even Miss Elizabeth commented how impressed she was with Abby’s “moves”! (Abby, remember us little people when you’re famous!)
We came home with just enough time for lunch before Bill came to get Abby. Shawn was very disappointed that she only stayed half the day today. To distract him from his heartache, we made it back to Gymboree in time for Family Gym and some Open Gym time, too. I didn’t think we’d make it to either, not to mention both of them, but it was nice to see his friend, Anna, in class again. Miss Elizabeth joked that Shawn and I had been there almost as long as she had today! Then, she offered me a job! At first I thought she was kidding around, but she handed me the job description for one of their teachers, the owner’s contact information, and an information sheet about a group interview session. I explained that I wasn’t really looking for a job right now, but she insisted that I consider it and assured me that the schedule can be flexible and part-time. “Even if you’re not interested in a job right now, keep us in mind for the future…” It could be fun! We’ll see.
Shawn fell fast asleep on the way home. For only having Abby with us half the day, it turned out to be a very busy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment