Monday, January 31, 2011

It was just Shawn and me today. Abby had a doctor’s appointment, so she didn’t come over. We stayed home for most of the day, too. We didn’t go to Gymboree’s Open Gym since Shawn has a bit of a cold and sneezing - a lot. With all of his sneezing, we’re certainly keeping Kleenex in business! After hearing me say it all day, Shawn surprised me this afternoon when he told himself, “Bless you, Shawn!”
Shawn’s full of surprises today. He was playing in his crib while I was trying to get a few things done. All of a sudden, I heard him talking to himself. When I peeked into his room, he was using a toy noise maker as a microphone and this is what I saw... 

The funny thing is - he's never said that in class and, though I've gotten him to say it at home, it's never been without being prompted!  I may need to show Diego the video as proof that he can do it!

We went to the YMCA to register Shawn for swimming lessons that will start later in February. While we were there, we got a tour of the facility. The woman leading us around showed us the locker rooms, the pool, the child care center, and a huge room with basketball courts and exercise equipment. (She must not have been very busy because she talked a lot!) We didn’t get a full membership to the YMCA, but we did finalize Shawn’s registration. Right now, we’re the only ones signed up, but the woman assured me that they only need two students to keep the class going. I doubt that’ll be an issue and I’m excited to start our swimming lessons!

When we got home, Shawn fell fast asleep. He didn’t sleep well last night, so this was a much needed nap! While he slept, I kept my eyes on the latest weather report. It’s not looking good! There’s big snow storm in the forecast for Wednesday. I’m really hoping it holds off at least until Thursday – we have a big day planned for Wednesday! Our first German class at Language Stars (we are taking advantage of a special offer to try four classes of a second language for free) and our first Mothers & More outing for moms and tots to a place called Little Monkey Bizness are on Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed…

No comments:

Post a Comment