We skipped open gym today and I had full intentions of helping the kids make Valentine’s instead. Somehow, even without our outing to Gymboree, we seemed to run out of time and were still working on them when Bill arrived to pick up Abby in the afternoon! It was nice to take a break from activities and do our own thing today though.
After Abby went home, Shawn and I delivered his Valentine and some cupcakes to Raj's office. We barely caught them as they were cleaning up after their last patient, but it's always fun to visit. Shawn has named the antique dental chair, "Shawn's Chair" and immediately climbs into it whenever we're there. Ms. Jeanne even showed him how to push the pedals in the back to make it hum. (It doesn't actually move any more, but it makes sounds like it's going to!) Shawn also makes sure that the plaster molds and other teeth that are on display in Raj's office are arranged to his liking, even if sometimes that means they fall on the floor. Occasionally, he'll stick his fingers inside one of the models and say, “Ouch!” He also likes to brush the teeth on the giant display mouth, though sometimes it bites him, too. I realized after the fact that I didn't catch Shawn making any Valentines before he decided he'd had enough of craft time. Ooops! Raj did take this picture a few days ago, so I thought it would be fun to share it today:
(This is now saved as the background on Raj's phone. Shawn knows it's there and gets very excited when he sees it. It's pretty funny to watch.)
No comments:
Post a Comment