Monday, February 21, 2011

Rough Start and Finish, Great in the Middle!

Happy Presidents’ Day!

We didn’t have a very good start to the day.  Shawn woke at 7:00 am and was not cooperative, which made me run late in getting ready for Abby, who arrived at 7:30 am.  That set me back right off the bat and I’m sure it didn’t help when both Shawn and Abby were a bit crabby, too.  Oh, boy!  What a cantankerous trio we were!
Luckily, we worked out all of our grumps on the equipment at Gymboree’s Open Gym.  There were plenty of distractions and things to do that we were in much better moods for the rest of the day.  In fact, I caught plenty of smiles on camera:

Since Shawn’s swimming lessons are starting this weekend, I couldn’t put off buying a swimming suit much longer.  After Abby went home, Shawn joined me on my “pursuit for a suit.”  He was very interested in all the athletic equipment on display, including the baseballs and soccer balls, kayaks, flippers, and fishing tackle!  I picked out a few suits to try on and steered Shawn into the dressing room.  He loved the fact that he could open and close the door, though he chose inopportune times to do so!  (Fortunately, we were the only ones in the dressing room, so nothing too embarrassing happened!)  In the end, I settled on a blue and black one that reminds me of the designs water makes when light reflects off of it onto a wall or ceiling.  Still, I wasn’t thrilled with the whole experience, but at least I got a suit for Saturday… ugh!  (Hmmm, no pictures from this adventure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment