Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Date night

Raj had a farewell party for Jeanne after work, so he wouldn't be home until late. In his absence, Shawn and I had a date at home.
 
 I made 'fancy' sloppy joes (not too sloppy, extra chunks of tomatoes, and served in a crescent roll). Shawn often tries to dim the dining room lights at dinner time, but Raj complains that he can't see and turns the lights back on. So, since Raj wasn't going to home for dinner, I let Shawn adjust the lights and even brought out candles, which I let him help light. Then, we dined by candlelight. For a little while, we even had our date on our own, but when Lilly woke from her evening nap, Shawn invited her to join us. After dinner, I introduced Shawn to the joys of an ice cream float. We watched the soda fill in the gaps in the ice cream, we ate the foam that mounded at the top of our glasses, slurped the creamy soda through funny straws, and licked the crystallized ice cream off our spoons. He was impressed (especially when I told him that floats sometime use root beer)! It was a fun treat for our special date. In bed, Shawn wanted to hold Lilly during their bedtime story. She cuddled with him long enough to take a picture, then got squirmy. Shawn fell asleep just a few paragraphs into our bedtime story. SWEET dreams!
(It's hard to take good pictures in dim light.)

No comments:

Post a Comment