I posted a note on FaceBook that Jennifer's in town in an effort to meet
up with some Demmert relatives during her visit. Instead, Jen
(Soteropolous) Meier replied! On our way to & from pumpkin picking,
she & I coordinated a reunion via text & phone calls. It's been
something like 14 years since they've seen each other and it was fun
helping them reconnect.
We left Raj and Shawn to have boys'
night (they went to Game Works) while we had girls' night over Chicago
style deep dish pizza at Lou Malnati's in Naperville's Riverwalk area.
When
the Jens first saw each other, it was a teary, hug filled greeting and
then they picked up as if they had seen each other yesterday. They
caught up on family, work, etc. and reminisced about the good ol' days
in O'Fallon. Before we knew it, it was 11 pm and we all had long drives
home in a light rain shower.
Again, Jennifer and I stayed up well
past midnight chatting more. Raj actually thanked us for not dragging
him along and was dumbfounded at how we could possibly still be
chatting!
No comments:
Post a Comment