I let Shawn nap for a bit when we got home. Lilly was also exhausted when I finally rescued her from her cursed car seat. While they rested, I enjoyed the few precious moments that exist when the house is wonderfully clean, before people start touching things.
I woke them both for dinner (simply leftovers) and then it was bath time. Raj works late on Mondays, but Lilly was getting crusty with toast crumbs and after spending the whole day outside (in the Moby Wrap), she needed more than a wipe-down. Shawn bathed the action figure he found at the park in the sink, while I took care of Lilly in the tub. Unfortunately, Raj came home before we were done and said, "Wow! Look she's smiling! Lilly NEVER smiles when I give her a bath. You are a natural!" Damn. I think I may have just acquired bath duty, at least for Lilly.

Once she was cleaned, dried, lotioned, and pajama-ed, it was photog time! I snapped a couple with her 6 month belly-button sticker, but we'll continue the photo shoot tomorrow since it was bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment