We took the morning slow, but we are still able to pick up a few last minute materials for projects and make it to Raj's office for his grand opening and "Give a smile day" and to show Oma around his new place. Afterwards Shawn, Oma and I went to Two Toots Train Whistle Diner for lunch. Some unpleasant children sat next to us and were messing with the trains that were on the tracks. Shawn was not impressed that they were not following the rules. Oma was offered a job to be The Reinforcer of the restaurant by the owner or manager who was trying hard to recruit her.
When we got home I dropped Shawn and Oma off at the house. Raj pulled up a few minutes later and I went out to get a manicure, pedicure and eyebrow waxing for my date tonight. It felt great to be pampered. Since it was going to take a little longer than originally planned, I told Raj that I would meet him at his Indian Dentists' formal dinner dance but that he did not need to wait for me since he need to be there early to help set up. It worked perfectly: I came home, got dressed and had a chance to say goodbye to Shawn while he and Oma were just starting to cook their gourmet pizza for dinner. Knowing that our Indian party involved wearing Indian clothes listening to Indian music and most importantly eating Indian food, Shawn was more than content to have a date night with Oma. On my way out the door after a few moments of stalling and goodbye kisses, Shawn asked me, "Will you know which dentist is my dad? " I think I'll be able to find him, but thanks honey!
About a week ago I took fabric that Raj brought home from India to a tailor for fitting since my other Indian outfits don't fit quite the way they probably should being seven months pregnant. The Indian tailor did a great job in fitting it to my non-Indian body as well as allowing room for my pregnant body to expand. This is much more comfortable. I also wore jewelry that was raffled off at the last ID a dinner dance but never claimed. Between manicure, pedicure, eyebrows, new dress, new jewelry, and Oma being our babysitter for tonight, and a date night, I feel like a new woman! ( I just hope baby doesn't get upset with the Indian food tonight like he or she has a few times in the past... I am sure that the booming beats of the Indian music will get this little one jumping though!)
Guest Blogger Siri
No comments:
Post a Comment