Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Lean Baron

I was just at Baron's wellness checkup with his vet. He's current on all vaccines, etc. now & his parasite bloodwork check comes in tomorrow. (They said that no news from them means good news for Baron.)

Now, the newsworthy part of his checkup...  He was 50 lbs in Aug. (He's ranged from 50-58lbs for a while.)  He's 42 lbs today!! Vet said it's a great weight for him & he doesn't need to lose any more. (He'll be happy about that!) She asked what we've done to lose it all & I told her we changed food brands (less grains) & he's on the healthy weight formula of that brand, though I couldn't remember the exact name of it off the top of my head. Plus, I've been making our own dog cookies. They suggested green beans, celery, & broccoli also make great treat fillers. (Peanut butter & carrots were the obvious ones.) We'll have to try those in the next batch!
I think we'll go home & have a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment