Friday, February 15, 2013

Mom & Tot Wore 'Em Out!

We had a Mom & Tot Outing with our Mothers & More friends this morning.  It was simply free play time in a multi-purpose room in a church basement, but the kids had a great time with friends they don’t see often, different toys, and a new location.  There were cones set up for an indoor-obstacle course, a plethora of balls to shoot hoops (or whatever), a variety of tricycles, scooters, and cozy coupes, as well as a variety of other toys (a pretend grill, cash register, gas pump, grocery carts…) to encourage interactive play. There was also a craft project for kids to do, as well as a light snack for the kids.  I was shocked that Abby wasn’t interested in doing the craft project (it was just decorating cut-out hearts with markers and stickers), but she was much too busy playing to want to sit at the table.  She did manage to snag a sticker heart before we left, so that made her happy.  Shawn’s lack of interest in the project didn’t surprise me at all.  I knew he wouldn’t want to tear away from the toys.  Some friends from the playgroup invited us to join them at All Aboard Diner for lunch – how could we turn that down?!  On the way home, both Shawn and Abby fell asleep. 

My FaceBook post:
   A fun and playful morning with Mothers & More friends+ exciting meal at All Aboard Diner+ Full bellies+ Cozy winter coats+ Car ride in the warm sun= Not a fighting chance!

I was able to pick up Freecycled coupons for K-cups for my new Keurig and then across town to Raj’s Wood Dale office to pick up a giant box that he needed to take to his Bartlett office, but couldn’t fit into his own car.  The whole time, the kids were sound asleep.  They eventually woke while I was telling Bill about our day when he came to pick up Abby.  She’ll be well rested for fun a night with her Papa Rock, but I’m a little nervous about how late Shawn will be up tonight (and Raj has a late meeting, so I’m on my own to wear him out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment