Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! Shawn woke up looking for eggs, but since the Easter Bunny was out late last night, he/she wasn't prepared as early as he was! Raj took him to Top Golf driving range while Lilly and I kept watch. (Shawn made me promise if Bunny came, we'd leave "A-mmediatly!" so we wouldn't frighten him/her away or ruin the magic.)
No wonder the Easter Bunny hadn't brought the eggs to our house yet - he/she's too busy playing golf! Somehow, while Lilly and I were upstairs, Easter Bunny must've snuck in because when the boys came home, Shawn started screaming, "Eggs! Eggs! They're everywhere!" Hehehe! Lilly and I came downstairs and found eggs scattered around the living room, kitchen, music room, and dining room. 
While trying to track down all the eggs, we found the back door opened, just a bit, with some fuzz stuck to the screen... image.jpegSo THAT's how the E.B. got in! :)
Shawn had a hard time focusing on finding all the eggs because he kept opening them and digging in to their contents. Lilly caught on to the egg hunt pretty quickly and even figured out that they were supposed to go into her basket. It wasn't until later that she understood there were goodies inside the eggs - it was like a sweet epiphany!
We had to ration out the M&Ms to her and Raj even let her sample a few jelly beans, but she clearly preferred the chocolate and candy shell - there was plenty of it dribbled down her chin! She had fun with stickers from the eggs too.
I had a sticker moment ago... Where'd it go?
To get away from the sugar overload, we went to Home Depot for a little while - mostly for gardening supplies: a rake, hedge clippers (large & small), a ladder, furnace filters, mats for the mud room doors, etc. However, when we walked in, the greeter pointed us to free cotton candy. Of course there was! (??) Sure. Why not? Shawn was thrilled to try it for the first time; I was relieved that he decided he had had enough and didn't really care for it after eating about half of it. Anyway, we got everything in our list except for bathroom mirrors for the main floor and basement. A very successful trip aided by very eager (bored) employees.
When we got home we spent a few hours enjoying our yard. Lilly's really getting the hang of the slide and sometimes, after I prop her at the top, she'll even wait for me to get to the bottom to catch her (other times, I'll just hold on to her from the side and guide her to the bottom). Shawn played with his new Iron Man toy on the playset. Baron brought me 3 different balls to fetch, though he decided to actually retrieve only one of them. Raj installed a bracket by our front patio for our flag pole, programmed the number pad on my garage door, and set our new hoses on their stands in the yard. There were times I'd actually reposition myself into the shade because it was a bit warm in the sunshine! That hasn't happened in a very.long.time.
For dinner, because we hadn't had enough sugar today, I cooked a glazed 1/4 spiral ham, herb potatoes, broccoli, and green beans. Raj and I enjoyed beers and Shawn proudly drank milk from a glass cup. Shawn made me giggle when he really laid it on thick by saying, "Mom, you make the best ham and Easter dinner EVER!" I'll take it though!
After dinner, Shawn and Lilly changed into their pajamas and we headed back outside for our first fire-pit lighting. Shawn helped me gather twigs, pinecones, etc. to use as kindling. Shawn was really excited (and cautious) to help me light the fire. Raj helped keep the fire going by bringing out some boxes from our recycle pile. Once the logs took over and we had a great, hot fire going. (We both commented how it was noticeably hotter than what our gas fireplace produces.) And, because we still hadn't had enough sugar today, we made s'mores for dessert. I used super dark chocolate on mine, which no one else cared for - gee, darn. At one point, Lilly tried running away with a Hershey's bar.

Shawn also had fun exploring with my old telescope, though I'm not sure if he actually saw much at all. We eventually started bed time stories outside, but finished inside. It was hard to come in - what a gorgeous day it was! (It'll be even better when we find some patio furniture!) Happy Easter to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment