Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Busy day in St. Charles

Holy shmoley! What an afternoon. We had our Gymboree friends over for a playdate. One family was out of town, but we had 3 moms (plus me) and their 6 kids (plus Shawn & Lilly) come over. We basically stayed in the basement, other than a stray who'd wander upstairs occasionally. The moms have gotten used to being able to have a chance to chat while the kids play and burning energy. Today was a bit more challenging! Exhausting as it was for everyone involved, I'm really glad they came over. It was equally wonderful to say goodbye at the end! Phew! Moments after our last friend pulled out of our driveway, Shawn jumped into his karate uniform and we rushed to class. Lilly passed out in the car (lucky girl!) as we pulled out if the driveway. In class, the kids got into partners to practice front kicks. It's the first time Shawn's practiced moves with another child - they've always practiced with instructors and assistants before. They also practiced ax kicks in partners. Later, they circulated around the room doing high blocks, inside blocks, and hammer punches with the instructors and assistants. After class, Shawn wanted to watch the brown belts' class, but then decided he was too hungry to watch. While I got dinner ready, I also made a call to the Orkin Man. During our playdate, Shawn discovered an infestation of ants in the basement bathroom, which we've never noticed before, but were hard to miss today! There were more than a do-it-yourself job could handle and more were overtaking the bathroom as the evening went on. Since then, I've found a couple on the main floor in the hallway and mudroom. Luckily, Orkin is sending someone over tomorrow afternoon. Raj was disappointed that they couldn't come immediately, but I'm happy that they should be able to fix the problem tomorrow. I know they'll want to do repeat inspections/treatments, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'm also glad their treatments are pet-safe and child-safe. I don't want to bug-bomb us out of the house! That's enough excitement for one day. I plan on sleeping well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment