Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools' jokes

April Fools! I was hesitant to tell Shawn about it being April Fool's Day, but I took a chance and explained it to him. We talked about how it's a fun day of tricks and jokes, but they had to be funny/silly to everyone involved (i.e. no one could get hurt or upset by the tricks). We shared a few jokes with each other. Mine were along the lines of: Why does the Statue of Liberty stand in New York Harbor? Because she can't sit down!   Shawn's jokes were along the lines of: Why did the hippopotamus cross the road? Because the lion was chasing it!   Oy! Jokes are clearly not our strong-suit! At breakfast, I turned Shawn's milk for his cereal green and his yogurt blue. We told more awful jokes and Shawn tried to pop out and surprise me throughout the morning.
     
Dinner was a Pièce de Résistance! I made homemade chicken nuggets & sauce and cupcakes with blue (Shawn's request) frosting for dessert. Simple enough. However, the chicken nuggets were actually banana slices dipped in melted peanut butter and rolled in graham cracker crumbs and the sauce was strawberry jelly, while the cupcakes were mini-meatloafs topped with mashed potatoes with blue food coloring!
 Shawn was in on the prank - he helped crumb the graham crackers. Raj, on the other hand, was thoroughly confused. Though we had chatted about our day while I was doing some of the prepping, he clearly wasn't paying attention. When we sat down for dinner, he didn't know what to eat first since I plated the 'dinner' and 'dessert' at the same time. Even after we told him what everything was, he laughed that he had to eat with his eyes closed because it was too confusing! Shawn had 3 helpings of the 'cupcakes' and asked to save a few of his 'nuggets' for tomorrow! I was totally expecting that to go the other way around. He fooled me! I'm not a big practical joker, but this was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment