This
morning was uncharacteristically smooth and easy going! I got Shawn up,
dressed, hair & teeth brushed and ready to go to school. We were
hanging out in the living room, where I was feeling mighty proud of myself for
helping Shawn get ready before Raj was even downstairs, when Raj asked me what
our plans were. I looked at him funny, "Well, school of course."
"That's tomorrow. Today's Wednesday."
AWWWW,
Man!
He
teased me relentlessly about the mixup and asked at least a dozen times of I
felt ok. Honestly, I felt better when I thought I was ahead of the game.
Now? Not so much!
(Looking
back, I'm actually amazed that mixups like this don't happen more often!)
Oh,
well. Shawn and I were already fully awake, so it didn't make sense to go back
to bed. Instead, we had a leisurely morning, breakfast, and played. I even
chipped away at the laundry pile a bit - ooooh! Fun!
Later,
we resumed our regularly scheduled Wednesday activities at Gymboree. There's
been a high turnover among the School Skills teachers lately. Today, I think it
got to Shawn. It's the only thing I could think of to explain why he wasn't
himself in class. He was fine helping in Lilly's Level 1 and playing in Open
Gym, but when School Skills started, he got clingy with me and then had a very
hard time following the teachers directions. Everyone who knows him there made
reference that he wasn't acting like himself. However, when we were heading
home, he was back to himself again!
The
rest of the evening & night were great! Shawn even got an extra long story
time when it was time for bed. I still don't know what happened at School
Skills, but I'm glad it worked its way out of his system!
No comments:
Post a Comment