Shawn fell asleep on the way home, so I left him in the car seat while Abby and I had lunch. I had a little down time between the time that I put Abby down for her nap and when Shawn woke up. When he woke up, he happily announced, “I want to play with Abby!” But, since she was still napping, I explained that he could play with her in a little while. It was a nice treat to have some one-on-one time with both kids today.
Abby’s really starting to expand her vocabulary and language skills. She makes me smile now that she’s saying, “I funny!” She’s even learned that she’s much more likely to get what she wants if she asks politely. So, she’s trying very hard to remember to say, “May I have ___ please?” (Her polite smile afterwards is the icing on the cake.) She really made me giggle when she said, "May I have poo-poo please?" (I'm pretty sure she was trying to tell me something, rather than ask for something...)
It was definitely a good day between Abby and Shawn. Shawn confirmed it while he was getting ready for bed. I’m just glad my camera wasn’t far away - and that he didn’t get camera shy!
… His growing repertoire includes love song serenades as well as action-packed ditties with tricky foot work...
American Idol's got nothing on this budding vocalist!
Now appearing in his world début... SHAWN!
American Idol's got nothing on this budding vocalist!
Now appearing in his world début... SHAWN!
Oma: Next up: add a word and do Abby Road.
Great songs; better than Am Idol, fur sur
Great songs; better than Am Idol, fur sur
Me: LOL - I'm trying to get some of his other songs caught on camera, but sometimes he gets camera shy. "Abby, Abby" had a verse about "Shawn, Shawn," but when the camera came out, he forgot the words! ;)
Oma: LOL. I understand completely.
Me: Shawn still does the "Abby" serenade if we ask him. Even though it was months ago, he's stayed true to the original words and basic tune. ;)
ReplyDeleteOma: lol He'll probably know that one in 50 years.