Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!

Hmm… was that today?  No jokes or pranks or anything exciting happened.  I’m quite okay with that!  Maybe when the kids get older, it could be fun to do something for April Fools, but I don’t think they’d really understand it yet.  Again, I’m fine with that!

In the morning, Abby, Shawn, and I went to a Mothers & More  Toddler/Preschool Playgroup at one of the moms’ houses.  As we were getting ready to head over there, I caught Abby and Shawn on camera demonstrating their fantastic climbing ability.  When did they get so independent?


After the playgroup, we went to Gymboree for Family Gym.  There was a farm theme, which was pretty cute.  The kids pretended to be pigs and roll in ‘mud’ as they rolled down ramps and they put ‘hay in the cows’ troughs’ by putting scarves inside an inner-tube.  There were lots of activities, including a story, that Shawn and Abby really got into.  Of course, Abby’s favorite was riding the rocking horse and shouting, “Neigh!  Neigh!  Neigh!”

It was a busy day!  Full of excitement and (as my sister, Jennifer, would call it) adventures.  Unfortunately, Shawn wouldn’t unwind enough for a nap while Abby slept, but wasn’t acting cranky either, so he and I played quietly on our own.  However, after she went home and I explained that we couldn’t play with her anymore and that we needed to go to the grocery store, Shawn got very upset and demanded, “I want to play with Abby!  No grocery store!”  Then, he quickly fell asleep in the car on the way to Target.  Of course!  I was sure he’d wake up while I was getting him out of his car seat, but, luckily, he even stayed asleep while I did some quick shopping.  The cashier, who gushed when she saw him sleeping on my shoulder, asked if he’d stay asleep now for the night.  Doubtful, though with our jam-packed day, it’s possible!  Minutes later, as we were leaving the store, his little head popped up and he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.  I thought he might go back to sleep in the car, since he’d only napped for about an hour (and his usual naps have been between 2-3 hours lately), but no such luck.  Curse that check-out clerk!  He stayed fairly quiet on the drive home and even was subdued while he played and I made dinner… until Dadda came home.  Then life was exciting again!  Just as I was hoping to get him ready for an early bed time - naturally!  I still managed to get him to bed a little early, but not as much as I had hoped.  It turns out that it didn’t really matter… it was a rough night and neither of us slept much as a result.
Hmmm... is this Shawn's prank for April Fools Day?  I am not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment