Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sleeping Beauty

It's the first night Lilly's sleeping in her crib. She's taken a few naps in it, but not many. She used to wake up after just a few moments of sleeping there, though she'd sleep almost anywhere else. Lately, I've tried having her nap in her crib at least once a day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it's happening more often and for full naps now.
At night, Lilly's been co-sleeping with me in the guest bed in her room. During her first night home, I lasted about 2 seconds before crawling into that bed with her. (Raj did too, even though he's dead-set against co-sleeping for fear of rolling over on the baby.)  So, Lilly and I have been co-sleeping for the past 6 1/2 weeks. It's worked very well. She wakes up to nurse and we can both go right back to sleep. Even when she needs a diaper change, we only have to go a few steps away to take care of it. Then she easily and quickly goes back to sleep (99.9% of the time). I'm definitely more rested and less stressed about Lilly's sleeping habits than I was about Shawn's. (I was a walking zombie trying to get him to sleep!) Sure, one variable is parenting experience then & now, but wow, what a difference this whole 'sleep' thing is with Lilly!

I'm not sure what prompted me to put her in her crib tonight.  Curiosity, maybe.

Lilly slept the first part of the night in her crib (8:50 pm - 11:03 pm). She woke to nurse and went back to sleep, so I put her back in her crib at 11:13 pm. It's almost 1:00 am and she's still asleep in her crib!
This is a milestone! (And ZERO crying it out needed - take THAT 'experts!')


However, it's almost 1:00 am and I'm wide awake. Every sound Lilly makes in her sleep makes me think she's waking for a diaper change or feeding.  I'm secretly hoping she does wake up, just so I can have a little transition time! There's no need to quit co-sleeping cold turkey...  We've gone half the night already, we can transition more later... 

If I start to whimper, will she come get me?

Can I please have my baby back?

Baby?

1 comment:

  1. Lilly ended up waking around 2:00 am to nurse and (I admit it - selfishly) brought her to bed to sleep with me the rest of the night. Peacefully.

    I didn't think that I would be the one needing sleep training / weaning / etc.!

    ReplyDelete