Lilly must've known I was exhausted last night. I'm pretty sure she
skipped her usual 4-4:30 feeding! Otherwise... I slept through it! (One
of the perks to co-sleeping!)
I went into Shawn's room this
morning to wake him up for gymnastics, and I was greeted by a smiling
boy. We're off to a good start.
Bill and I set up carpooling
arrangements for our crazy Wednesday activities. He drives Shawn and
Abby to gymnastics and Music class. Then I relieve him during Open Gym
and bring the kids home after School Skills. When it was time to go to
Abby's house so they could leave on time, I asked Shawn if he wanted to
walk over by himself. He got very excited and you could tell he was
proud to be independent - even if it is only a matter of walking a few
hundred feet. He gave me enormous hugs and kisses goodbye, grabbed his
water and lunchbox, and headed out the door. He stopped at the end of
the garage to look back and tell me, "I love you, Mom! I'll see you
later at Gymboree!"
THAT's my boy.
(I don't know the child who was here yesterday, but I'm glad he's moved on.)
No comments:
Post a Comment