Monday, January 19, 2015

3rd Blue on Purple

Participating in the Black Belt exam, Shawn earned an extra credit towards his next stripe, plus today was a test day for his 3rd blue stripe on his double purple belt. However, he managed to stay focused and even helped demonstrate correct moves during class, so he earned his stripe without an actual test! Nicely done!
The rest of the day included making a loaf of bread, doing Spanish homework, working a tiny bit on a 100 Day of School project, and watching me put together a ridiculously hard paper-craft of a Star Wars vehicle we printed from a setting on Raj's printer (that we didn't know it could do)! I had intended for it to be something Shawn could do while I did ??? Something else! But it turned out to require tiny cuts & folds and following a challenging set of directions. So, I ended up doing it on my own while we chatted and had some quiet time together while Lilly napped. (We'll need to do some easier ones for Shawn to get the hang of it before I try to have him do it on his own again. Oops!) We also played some board games, laundry, and read. Overall, it was a pretty calm day.


No comments:

Post a Comment