
Raj was pretty sure I was going to my monthly Mothers & More Board meeting. He had exhilarating plans to get Shawn's knee pads for flag football, which starts Saturday, and baths for the kids... But I had something else in mind to celebrate our 'auspicious day.'
Little did he know that I told my board *last month* that I would not be coming. Last month, I also made arrangements with Melissa, next door, to watch the kids for the evening. And, I made reservations at a highly recommended 'grown-up' restaurant, Bien Trucha, in Geneva. Not bad for a professional procrastinator! (We agreed a long time ago that our retreat to Galena would be in lieu of gifts.)
Raj pulled into the driveway seconds after I dropped the kids off next door. He was confused why I didn't go back to get them when I saw him drive up! Hehehe! I said hello and told him to get changed because we were going out! His look of shock (and relief) was priceless!
Bien Trucha was amazing. The menu is deceiving because it's mostly tacos. What's so special about tacos (other than the yummy drinks that often go with them)? These. Are. The. Fanciest. Tastiest. Tacos. Ever! (The drinks were pretty awesome too.) Now we understand why it's hard to get a reservation and why they have lines outside on the weekends! Yum.
The kids had a great time with the neighbors, too.
And the best part of the night: both kids were asleep when we got home. Melissa was laying next to both of them in Shawn's bed, just like I do - Shannon
To top it all, both kids slept. All. Night. Long. I think this might have been a first! (But I'm too sleep deprived to be sure! Ha!)
A happy anniversary indeed!




No comments:
Post a Comment