Shawn's kindergarten class has been working on their goal of 50 compliments. For each compliment they earned as a class, they received a link in a paper chain. When the chain reached the floor, they met their goal. They voted as a class for a pajama and stuffed animal day.
Wednesday, the class met their goal! Shawn was so excited that he pulled out just the right pajamas to wear to school as soon as he got home. He had no trouble getting dressed this morning and was very excited about their reward.
About 15 minutes *after* Shawn's bus left on Thursday morning, I got an email blast from Mrs. Johnsen announcing the reward the class earned. For tomorrow. Friday. Ooops!
Since I hadn't heard anything official from school about pajama day until then, I had packed regular clothes in Shawn's backpack just in case (though he didn't end up changing). Today would have been a perfect pajama day, if you ask me. It was 48°F at the bus stop this morning! (I highly doubt we ever reached the forecast high of 61°F!)
From Ms. Johnsen:
Hi Everyone
Great News! The compliment Chain hit the floor this week! The children votes to have a pajama day and bring-a-stuffed-animal-to-school day.!
So tomorrow, Friday, the children will be allowed to wear pajamas and bring ONE stuffed animal that will fit into their back pack. It will be a fun day of learning, teaching our favorite animals all about kindergarten. If the girls are used to wearing night gowns please have them wear shorts or slacks under it. If your child prefers not to wear pajamas it is a choice! They can just bring their stuffed animal.
They are all very excited that they earned this reward! We have already started earning new chains towards our next reward day!
Have a good day.
Karen Johnsen
Lilly and I went to Gymboree for Level 4 Play & Learn. The equipment was set up for the theme "Rocking & Rolling." Lilly's favorite activity was rolling/throwing whiffle balls down a ramp. Of course, she also likes the routine of bubbles, parachute, and "Gymbo the Clown Goes Up and Down" song.
Then, we picked up a gift at Babies R Us and visited my friend Melissa, with whom I used to teach. She had her second little boy 3 months ago, and I had yet to meet him. With her maternity leave ending this week, we made a point to set a date to see each other, otherwise we'd run the risk of not doing it until next summer! Lilly fell asleep on our way there, but it was more of a mom-playdate than a kid one anyway. Baby Alexander was very sweet, and I even got to cuddle with him for a little while :) Most of all, it was great to catch up with Melissa. Lilly and I said goodbye in time to pick Shawn up from the bus stop.
Instead of being disappointed or embarrassed that today wasn't actually pajama day, Shawn was thrilled that he gets to do it again tomorrow! He'll bring a small stuffed animal, too. The trouble is... which one? Decisions, decisions!
No comments:
Post a Comment