Raj worked a half
day today, so we could catch up to his cousins in Lake Geneva, who got there
last night. While he was at work, I finished packing and dropped off Baron at
his babysitter's house. I couldn't find Lilly's suit anywhere (I think it's
tucked inside of something bigger from the laundry) and rather than stressing
over it and tearing the house apart, I ran out to Target to pick up another.
(I'm sure her original one will turn up as soon as we get back from the
weekend!) Shawn helped me pick out snacks to share for the weekend, too. We got
home just before Raj.
Because he has a CPR
seminar really early Sunday morning in Westmont, we took separate cars to Lake
Geneva. When we arrived at the Timber Ridge Lodge, Sandy/Sareena and Hema/Meera
were napping in their rooms, but we found Manish, Milan, Simrin, Sumit, and
Misha in the arcade.
After saying hi, we
opted to go to Moose Mountain Falls water park. Shawn LOVED the water slide the
most. Raj and I took turns riding down a 2-person inner-tube (shaped like a
figure 8) with Shawn in front 'steering.' He'd squeal and shout, "WAAAAAHOOOOO!"
all the way down. Just hearing his reaction was enough to entice me to go a few
times. Lilly liked floating around the Lazy River, also in a 2-person
inner-tube. (There were even some 2-person inner-tubes with one side closed in,
so Lilly could sit in her own circle without the worry of falling through!) We
found a little turtle statue near a waterfall that she'd get excited about each
time we came near. There was also a big statue of a moose that she liked to
point out at the base of the water slides. I almost got her to put her hands up
like antlers, but she preferred me to hold up my own. We splashed in the zero
depth pool, played with some water bubblers, sat under a raining mushroom, and
slid down the mini-water slides. It was hard to leave, but our stomachs were
grumbling for dinner and Lilly and Shawn's lips were turning blue in spite of
the heated water!
We met up with
Manish et al and Sumit et al for dinner. The process of getting there was a bit
irritating/frustrating, but after we all arrived at the wrong place (which
turned out to be a Mexican grocery, not a restaurant), then didn't know the
address of the right place, then drove another 25 minutes to find the right
place, and then had to wait for a table that could accommodate 13 people... The
margarita pitchers were tasty and the food was fine.
After dinner, we
gathered in Sumit's room while the kids watched movies and Hema taught the
adults a new card game. I don't normally play cards with the Puris because it's
usually poker, which I'm not very good at, but since it was a new game for
everyone, I played along and ended up in 2nd place during the first game and
Raj won the second game! I didn't play the second round because Lilly was in
dire need of zzzz, so I brought her to our room next door and called it a
night. Raj and Shawn walked in around 12:30 am!
Fun times!
No comments:
Post a Comment