Shawn woke up and
couldn't wait to tell me about his night with Dad. In. Detail. (Short version:
dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings where they played video games at their table,
bath, finished reading a Star Wars book, sleep.) Lilly woke up and practically
went right back to sleep for her morning nap. So, Shawn and I had a relaxed
morning being silly with each other.
When we finally got
around to getting dressed and ready for the day, Lilly greeted us with sleepy
eyes after she trudged into my room. We all got ready and had brunch before
piling into the car for a Gymboree playgroup. We were going to Wild Wednesdays
at Lake View Nature Center in Oakbrook Terrace. They were having: story time,
special animal visitors (this week - tarantulas!), scavenger hunt hike with
prizes, fishing equipment available to borrow, paddle boats, and Nature Center
exhibits. They also participate in the Passports to Adventure program, so the
kids would get stamps, too.
But,
Lilly's carseat
was in Raj's car
from last night.
So,
we
weren't
going
anywhere.
Oops!
Instead, the kids
played outside while I detailed my car. I took ev.er.y.thing O.U.T. That part
wasn't bad, but it still felt good to clear out the junk. Then I vacuumed and
vacuumed and vacuumed more. It seemed like whenever I finished an area, I'd
turn around and find more Cheerios / Goldfish / crumbs / dog hair / dirt / etc.
(There was a LOT.) I didn't bother with the windows or the outside - the inside
was what bothered me most! I wiped down the interior*, which made the car smell
great! I dusted and wiped off grime & stickiness. (Shawn volunteered to
help during this part because he likes spray bottles.)
* I'm liking Ology
Bathroom Cleaner Spray Peppermint from Walgreens lately. It claims: "Plant
based. Tough on soap scum. Our bathroom cleaner cuts through soap scum and
other dirt in the bathroom without the use of harsh solvents, chlorine or dyes,
so it’s safe for you and your family. No ammonia, artificial fragrances, animal
testing." It's got a strong peppermint smell, but it dissipates quickly
and it's better than some ammonia/bleach cleaners that will take your breath away!
While I scoured the
van, Shawn and Lilly used it as their jungle gym and make-believe vessel. (I
think I heard Shawn commanding a submarine at one point.) They pushed buttons
on the console, moved all of the mirrors, turned dials... I double checked that
the keys were safely in the mudroom.
I was close to done
and Lilly started to melt down. She needed (a late) lunch and a nap. Badly. I
left everything in the garage and headed inside. Lunch revived her nicely and
she went down for a nap fairly easily. I SHOULD HAVE finished in the garage while
she napped... But I fiddled with pictures for a gallery wall between the kids'
rooms. Didn't make much progress. Really should've finished the van cleaning
process. Oh, well.
Apparently, Lilly's
nap was not long enough because she was a little 'off' the rest of the evening.
Maybe turning 16 months old will do that to a girl! Luckily, Daddy came home
shortly after and got her excited again. We went directly to Babies R Us for car
seat shopping. The plan is to move the infant carrier to Raj's car until Lilly
outgrows it. In my car, Lilly will sit in Shawn's seat turned rear facing. And
Shawn now has a new seat for my car. I'll call around tomorrow to have the
seats' installation checked.
At least we won't
have to worry about moving seats around any more!
And, such a clean
car to put them in!
No comments:
Post a Comment