Oh, how I miss you so much! I will admit that the purging and cleaning sprees have been a welcomed change of pace. (Raj sends an enormous thank you, by the way.) And, I am forever grateful that you and the rest of my body have agreed to go easy on me as far as the unpleasant symptoms that often go along with growing another human being, like morning sickness in particular.
Still, I am looking forward to having you back to working at full capacity.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to ask too much! While it would be great to have a boost to make up for this 9+ month cognitive hiatus, all I'm really asking for is to go back to my normal ability to function. I'll even settle for the flaws and inadequacies that go along with it... I guess.
Yes, we have all had a few chuckles at my expense. Frequently having the 'word on the tip of my tongue' moments, forgetting how to spell simple words, and losing all knowledge of what I was talking about, mid-sentence no less, have been challenges and people around me have usually been able to help. Pouring olive oil onto my pot of boiling spaghetti (without taking the pot lid off first) was a good trick. Scrounging the house to find something that's been in my hands the whole time - hahaha. Catching myself trying to put the milk away in the pantry or my phone in the refrigerator were also silly tricks you played, but I caught on to those quickly. Today, starting dinner directly in the crockpot, without the pot in place, was a slight inconvenience to clean out & start again in the proper container. Though I wish I could, I can't even blame you for my leaving laundry in the washer & dryer for a few days (I did that long before I was ever pregnant)! It's just that, with any over told joke, this concept of "Mommy Brain" is quickly getting old.
I've tried getting more sleep to help you out, but some of your friends haven't made that easy. (Could you ask Bladder, Lower Back, and Hips about what we could do to get along better? I really do want to cooperate with them.) I've tried writing things down so there's less for you to keep track of, but that doesn't seem to help when it comes to pouring ingredients into/onto improper places or other similar tasks. I've also tried to slow down a little and not multi-task so much, but that is seemingly impossible with so much to do (especially when you aren't really helping get stuff done correctly on the first attempt)!
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I really miss you and the partnership we once had. We are all looking forward to having you come back. Let me know if there's anyway to entice your return, all jokes aside.
Warmest regards,
Shannon
via Facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment