Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Belated Veteran's Day & St. Martinstag!

Yesterday, we were returning from a wedding in San Diego for a U of I friend and as soon as we got home, Raj went directly to a Bears' game. So, we didn't have a chance to acknowledge Veteran's Day and St. Martinstag.  So, I thought we'd do a belated celebration today instead. 

Unfortunately, Shawn wasn't in the most cooperative mood today, so he lost the privilege of going on our traditional lantern walk around the neighborhood.  I had planned to just use the lantern I made last year, so at least we didn't spend a lot of time making a new one this year!

But, we did celebrate with some German food at dinner.  Using the cookbook, The Best of My Grandmother's German Cookery by Carmen Graves, tonight's menu consisted of:
Paprika Huhn (Chicken in Paprika Sauce)
Sauerkraut
Apfelsalat 3 (Warm Apple Salad - recipe #3) with pecans & vanilla yogurt
Kartoffelpuffer (Potato Pancakes)

No German beer or wine for me, but... YUM!
(Regrettable, a lantern walk would've been a good idea after that big meal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment